FINE is the Journal of Formal, Informal and Natural Education. We aim to study and advance educational innovations. Our articles target all participants in the educational process – institutions, NGOs, parents, students, teachers, scholars, practitioners and education specialists.
Mission and Vision
Our goal is to stimulate the development of new educational ideas aimed at achieving greater social applicability of the educational process today. A core belief in UNESCO’s strategy “Education for All” is that education is a device for the creation of a society without social isolation and social exclusion. At FINE we believe that education lies at the heard of a better society. That is why we concentrate on three general problems:
- the right to education,
- the support of the educational process,
- and development of educational practices.
We explore innovations in educational theories, methods, technologies and practices. This makes FINE suitable for at least three categories of specialists: theorists and methodologist of social and educational processes, practitioners and professionals.
The mission of FINE is to partake of and contribute to the ongoing transformation of the educational system by meeting the following objectives:
- Short-term Objective: support of any action aimed at overcoming the deterioration of the educational values and their positioning in a new social context for sustainable development.
- Mid-term Objective: increase awareness and sustain dialogue within the pedagogical community concerning the new demand for “socially adaptable” young professionals who create conditions for the sustainable development of their communities.
- Long-term Objective: creation of innovative educational models structured to support the implementation of the education-for-all idea and the overcoming of social exclusion.
FINE targets the following audience: teachers working within the frame of the institutional formal education; NGOs and other organizations which take a significant place in informal education; mentors who share their life experience and knowledge utilizing different methods within the frame of natural education.
FINE provides a platform for the enhancement of dynamic relationships and interaction between the following:
- Formal education, which is the institutionalized system for integration of accumulated experience and knowledge for the future generations.
- Informal education, which follows the needs of the day and takes care of the continuous renovation, accumulation and adaptation of skills acquired throughout the years.
- Natural education, which is related to the dynamic concept of sustainable development through respect for local priorities and the possibilities for integration of every person’s contribution towards the development and advancement of society.
Our globalized society requires equality in the different routes which every individual follows in his/her quest for social, professional realization and personal betterment. To achieve this, a synchronization of accumulated knowledge and inherited instincts and practices is needed, so that the complex interaction between the principles of preservation, justice, development and democracy can be strengthened and developed.